Each project starts with a kickoff meeting at the Netherlands eScience Center. At this meeting the PI, eScience engineer, Coordinator, and an MT-member are present. Other project partners are welcome.
For this meeting the standard agenda is:
- Round of introductions.
- Assignment of the eScience engineer(s) and coordinator.
- Netherlands eScience Center introduction presentation (by coordinator).
- Project introduction (by PI).
- Discussion on initial project planning and deliverables.
- Any other business.
In the Netherlands eScience Center introduction presentation several important topics are explained:
- How do we work.
- What is the role of the eScience engineer and coordinator.
- Project life cycle (annual reviews and rapports, payment, project end, etc.).
- How to communicate with the Netherlands eScience Center.
- Intellectual property (IP).
- Communication by the Netherlands eScience Center (project page at eScience Center website, pitches, etc.).
- Software and software quality.
- Role of eStep, knowledge base, etc.